James Heal at DTG 2017 in Bangladesh
05 February 2017
Visitors to DTG2017 in Bangladesh should take the opportunity of a demonstration to see the unprecedented functionality of TruBurst, our Bursting Strength Tester - Stand 807.
TruBurst, with the TestWise Pro software, enables an extensive variety of bursting strength and fatigue tests to be performed on textiles and a wide range of other materials.
This instrument has many exciting and innovative features which give substantial time-savings for the operator and can maximise user efficiency and minimise training times.
These features contribute significantly to an increase in instrument accuracy and efficiency, creating opportunities for a greater number of tests to be performed.
TruBurst - at a Glance
- Five interchangeable domes with auto recognition of the dome size.
- Tool free dome and diaphragm changing - speeding up the testing process and reducing downtime.
- Non-contact laser measurement of the distension ensures precision accuracy and excellent repeatability.
- The integral safety guard slides up to provide easy access.
- The 'TestWise Pro' software is an optional extra offering enhanced features including the ability of the user to have full control of the test parameters and to enable cyclic tests to be performed.
- A clear and uncluttered intuitive 7 inch colour touch screen is very responsive and enables easy set-up, standard selection and testing to maximise user efficiency and to minimise training time.
- The unique feature of automatic flow control for M&S P27 and Adidas 4.09 gives tremendous time-savings for the operator and also creates opportunities for a greater number of tests to be performed.
We are excited to introduce to our current and future customers at DTG2017 our innovative Touchscreen User Interface - the most intuitive, simple to the most simple to use Touchscreen in our industry.
First revealed at ITMA Asia in Shanghai in October, now those attending at DTG2017 in Dhaka, Bangladesh can have that same opportunity to experience our innovative new touchscreen-based user interface and hear how they have been designed to dramatically improve the efficiency and productivity of Textile Testing Laboratories by delivering the best in user-intuitive design and functionality.
On stand 807 we will be demonstrating the James Heal Touchscreen on three Testing Instruments, these include our industry-leading Martindale Abrasion and Pilling Tester, GyroWash Colour Fastness Tester and Orbitor Pilling and Snagging tester.
Visitors will be able to familiarise themselves with the software on these instruments and will see for themselves how simple and intuitive our Touchscreen really is. The Touchscreen User Interface is currently being rolled out across the complete James Heal core Testing Instrument range.
James heal Touchscreen – At a Glance
- Designed in collaboration with some of the most influential Textile Testing Laboratories across the world.
- Dramatically enhances the overall user experience.
- Maximises productivity.
- Intuitive, simple and clear navigation ensures the set-up of a test is very easy.
- Users to become instant experts thereby offering substantially reduced training time and increased efficiency.
- ‘Homescreen displays all the key information.
- A clearly visible ‘end of test’ time.
- Housed inside a robust, damage-resistant and water-resistant cover glass display.
- The software can be set to nine different languages including English, Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Hindi, Bengali and Turkish.
James Heal Touchscreen
Visitors to the James Heal stand at DTG 2017 in Dhaka, Bangladesh which takes place at the end of February will have the opportunity to hear how TruFade, our Xenon Arc Light Fastness Tester, can genuinely simplify light fastness testing to deliver accurate and consistent results
This instrument offers a fresh approach to light fastness testing and features our 2200W, long-lasting xenon lamp, which in combination with current filter technology, gets as close as possible to the spectrum of natural sunlight.
The design of TruFade is compact and ergonomic design. The software totally intuitive and consequently allows routine testing to be started in as few as three touches of the screen.
The extensive range of user benefits make a TruFade a delight to use for both new and experienced users.
TruFade - At a Glance
- A 2200W long lasting xenon lamp is combined with current filter technology to get close to the spectrum of natural sunlight.
- Tri-sided specimen holders increase the useable exposure space to up to 1640cm2, to enable more testing to be undertaken at one time.
- The design of the sample holders ensured they are closer to the xenon lamp, making it more effective - consequently extending its lifespan.
- TruFade has easily operated - the intuitive software allows testing to be started in as few as three touches of the screen.
- The ergonomic design ensures the lamp is easily accessible at a low height and extra wide access is provided for loading and unloading samples. A pull out water tank at the front of the instrument makes filling and cleaning an easy task.
- The SolarSens is positioned on the same carousel as the sample holders so that irradiance is measured in the same position. An unparalleled accuracy of measurement is achieved.
- Black standard temperature is measured and ensures the target value is continuously maintained.
Features of the software include
- Pre-programmed standards
- A traffic light system during testing to highlight any parameters outside of the specification.
- Hold function to freeze individual stations
- Events screen which tracks when tests are started and stopped, when the lamp needs to be changed and any system messages.
Come and see the TruFade at DTG on Stand 807.
The James Heal ElmaTear is the only software driven Electronic Elmendorf tear tester that offers 1⁄4 A to E pendulums which enables laboratories to increase their range of testing and attract additional business revenue. This instrument will be on show, together with our Universal Strength Tester detailed below, on the James Heal stand - 807 at DTG 2017 in Dhaka, Bangladesh, which takes place from 23rd to 26th of February 2017.
Twenty pre-programmed standards, organised by material test type, can be easily selected from the main menu screen, with an option to add and edit standards.
ElmaTear is further enhanced and supported by the easy to use PC based TestWise analysis software. Our ElmaTear is supplied with A, B, C, D and the new ½ A and ¼ A as standard. An optional weight E, for testing to 128N, can also be ordered. ¼ A is fitted to the instrument as standard. This range of weights means the user can test a wider variety of materials.
ElmaTear - At a Glance
- Range of Weights - Two additional weights have been added to ElmaTear making it suitable for testing lighter specimen. An optional weight E, for testing to 128N, can also be ordered.
- ElmaTear contains an extensive list of pre-loaded standards. There is the option to amend these and create new ones.
- 7” Capacitive Touchscreen -offers a clear and uncluttered display making ElmaTear fast, responsive and easy to navigate.
- Comprehensive on-Screen reporting function allows the length and width results from the same specimen can be seen at the same time.
- The ElmaTear performs pendulum self-verification in one swing.
- TestWise allows results to be easily analysed, in a table and as a bar graph and saved to PC, printed or saved to PDF.
- Safety - A two hand release mechanism ensures the user is clear of the pendulum swing, and the blade is covered by a safety guard to prevent accidents.
- An investment in blade technology provides more accurate cutting, increased wear resistance and a longer life span.
- Option to retest - The user can review and delete individual results and add in additional specimens, solving the problem of outlying results in an efficient manner.
Titan, our Universal Strength Tester, will be one of the James Heal textile testing instruments which will be on show at DTG 2017 in Dhaka, Bangladesh, from 23rd to 26th of February 2017.
We are located on Stand 807 on which visitors will be able to see the Titan demonstrated live by Peter Goodwin, our incredibly knowledgeable Head of Technical, and also to see many of the extensive range of tool-free specimen jaws and grips available for the Titan. These include tools and grips to test Elastane, Rivets, Studs, Press studs (also known as snap fastener and poppers), Velcro and leather products and the recently introduced OctoGrip, an 8 claw grip designed to hold very small attachments.
Titan - At a Glance
- Tension and compression to provide capacity to accommodate tests up to 5000 Newtons (5kN).
- Extensive range of tools and specimen grips.
- Testwise Analysis Software - numerous features of the software and a library of pre-loaded standards and test methods make the testing process easier, increase laboratory efficiencies and result accuracy.
- TestWise Software automatically sets up the test parameters of the selected Standard.
- Automatic jaw separation - Jaw separation distance is determined by the TestWise software eliminating human error is removed
- Quick Change Load Cells - This design innovation make the process easy, quick & efficient
- Quick Change Jaw Face – the ability to change the jaw faces quickly, and without the need for tooling, offers significant time saving benefits.
- ‘Smart’ Button enables sample loading and the test start can be actioned directly at the instrument
- Soft Close Jaws and Pressure Sensor to ensure safe operation of the instrument.