NEW KnowledgeHub Launch: Improving how we support our customers
18 July 2017
Trusted by leading brands, retailers, manufacturers and laboratories all over the world, since 1872 James Heal has set the standard in textile testing by helping customers in over 60 countries to increase their materials testing efficiency and accuracy. This has been achieved through a constant focus on innovation and customer support.
For those 145 years, customer service has always been fundamental to our company ethos. And, in an effort to build on the fantastic service and support we already provide to our customers, we have made a number of changes and improvements to how we support them with technical and applications expertise. We are therefore delighted to announce the launch of the James Heal KnowledgeHub, our new online self-help centre. Combined with a new and improved support ticket system, customers can rely on James Heal for technical assistance - wherever they are in the world.
What is the KnowledgeHub?
The KnowledgeHub is an online self-help portal, which contains a collection of answers to our most frequently asked questions, along with all our useful documentation, such as Operator's Guides explaining how to use each instrument, and Material Safety Data Sheets for our Test Materials. Users can search for a product or topic using the search bar at the top of the page; or select from a relevant product category.
What are the benefits to you as a James Heal customer?
- Easy, anytime support: you can access our dedicated support web pages, without needing to send an email or make a phone call;
- Faster and more efficient: get answers quicker, making our support as easy and efficient to use as our instruments.
With customers all over the world, it’s important to us that our support is accessible anywhere, at any time of the day.
What's new and improved?
- Engineering and Applications Support: The KnowledgeHub is split into two main categories: Engineering Support and Applications Support. "Engineering Support" is looked after by our Service & Support team - our product engineers who are experts in ensuring our instruments run smoothly. Here you will find Frequently Asked Question articles about programming, how to find parts, adjusting instruments and repairing them. "Applications Support" is looked after by our Technical Team – our textile technologists, applications specialists and laboratory technicians who are experts in how to use our instruments and test materials. As well as Frequently Asked Question articles about standards and test methods, instrument suitability, and interpretation of test results, this KnowledgeHub includes Operators Guides and Material Safety Data Sheets. For each FAQ, the answer to the question is included in two formats - a webpage answer, for quick and easy access; and as a PDF, to print, download or share.
- Online support ticket system: If you can't find the answer you need in the KnowledgeHub, our Applications and Engineering Support teams are still here to help. Simply submit a support ticket online for either Engineering or Applications support, and this will be logged in our support ticket system. You will receive an email to acknowledge that we've received your support query, and you will have access to our ticket portal to check the status of your support ticket. This allows us to gather all the information required to answer a customer query or problem, without the need to send an email or make a phone call. This speeds up the process of sharing our knowledge with the people who need it.
- Support Packages for Titan + TestWise: The ticket-based support system is accessible to all customers. However, customers who require technical/applications support for Titan / TestWise need to have a current, paid TechSmart Super support agreement with James Heal, in order to access this service. This is because Titan has many applications, with over 500 standards, which require a higher level of technical assistance in comparison to other James Heal instruments. Learn more about TechSmart here; or download our eBrochure.
To learn more, please go to our KnowledgeHub. If you are a new user, you will need to register for an online support account, in order to be able to submit support tickets through our system. Sign up for Engineering Support here, or Applications Support here.
With this being a new initiative; we welcome your feedback on usability, navigation, accessibility, ease of use and information provided. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please contact our Marketing team who would be keen to hear your thoughts.